Jubilee 150 Trust grants
Grants for Disadvantaged Women
The Jubilee 150 Trust was set up in 1986 by the South Australian Unit of Australian Church Women (ACW).
The Trust, administered by Trustees, provides funds (from the interest earned on investments) for Grants for disadvantage women to enable them to achieve their goals, improve their personal skills and self-development through the provision of courses, resources or equipment.
Applicants must be sponsored by a Christian organisation or individual office bearer of a Christian group, who is required to provide on-going upport for the women receiving the Grant. The sponsoring body is accountable for the use of the Grant and is requested to provide a report to the Trust in the following year.
Note: The sponsoring body, as a Christian Church or Communty, is to confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the Scriptures and commit themselves to the glory of the One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
How to Apply
Sponsors are asked to apply in writing by the 29th September 2023.?
Please click here to download the application form.
The application must include the following:
- The name of the applicant
- Reasons for the sponsor’s support
- What the applicant plans to do – the training course or equipment required
- The applicants objective
- Funds required for the project
Please note: No late applicants will be considered. Grants are allocated depending on the number of applicants and funds available. Funding is limited and Grants are not guaranteed.
Grants are presented to Sponsors at the ACW Annual General Meeting.
Please contact Helen Whittington, Convenor, Jubilee 150 Trust firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit your application
Examples of Recent Grants Approved
- Payment of fees to enable a mother to complete Certificate III in Beauty Therapy
- Purchase of a laptop for a mother of special needs children, as she studies to complete her Diploma of Nursing
- Payment to purchase mats and cushions for a Christian Mindfulness Movement & meditation group for women in a struggling rural town
- Payment to purchase a set of knives for a mother to undertake a Chef’s Course in order to provide for her children with special needs
- Payment of Child Care cots to assist a trainee nurse during her compulsory work placement
- Payment to cover cost of beauty kit and uniform to undertake TAFE Beauty Therapy Course
- Funding for books required for online study to gain Bachelor of Business Degree
- Funding to undertake First Aid course allowing recipient to be employed in Aged Care